Why I love Jimmy Files!
This man has the strongest character and code I ever witnessed.
1) Jimmy went through a torture test about the ledger of Charles Nicoletti. They tortured him to death, or at least they thought so. He did not give it to them, whoever they were (probably the FBI).
2) Jimmy refused to rat on friends that were still alive, like Gary Marlow, the killer of J.D. Tippit. Jimmy was his best man at his wedding in 1966.
3) Jimmy sat 26 years in jail for something he did not do, the attempted killing of police officer David Ostertag, who had a murder contract on him! Jimmy has at least 100 murders under his belt, from Laos, to Vietnam, to the CIA, to the Mob under the wings of Sam Giancana and Charles Nicoletti. Nevertheless, he kept his good spirits, wits and humor, all the time he spent in jail, the Oxford prison and Stateville penitentiary in Joliet, Illinois. They never could pin him for the murders he DID do, they nailed him for something he did NOT do.
4) Jimmy can be friends with Zack Shelton, the FBI agent who put him in jail the very first time, in 1980. No hard feelings there. That is character!
5) Jimmy understands that the US government, including renegade Donald Trump, will never change the history books on his friend Lee Harvey Oswald, the so called lone assassin of JFK. Another feat of his intelligence.
6) Jimmy came forward with his story on JFK, because of his posthume admiration for Joe West.
Love you, Jimmy! Friends forever!